Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GOLDEN GLOBES RED CARPET: 'Inglourious Basterds' Director Quentin Tarantino 'Could Never Think Like' James Cameron

Quentin Tarantino walked the red carpet at the 2010 Golden Globe Awards last night to support his latest contender, "Inglourious Basterds." What if things had gone differently though? What if the filmmaker had helmed one of the other nominees? Perhaps Best Picture and Best Director winner "Avatar"?

"I'm not James Cameron, I could never think like that," he told MTV's Josh Horowitz. "I don't think he could think like me either."

"But," he continued, "If I could think like that-- if I could go into a time machine and think like that and be able to do what he could do, that would be great."

The director is fine with the way things turned out though. "Basterds" star Christoph Waltz scored a Best Supporting Golden Globe last night, for one. Also, Tarantino just liked the movie.

"Obviously, i loved ['Avatar,']" he said. It's a great movie. It's a fantastic experience."

What would a Tarantino-directed "Avatar" look like? How about a Cameron-directed "Inglourious"?

No comments:

Post a Comment