Friday, November 2, 2012

Hunter Hayes wins 'New Artist of the Year' at the CMA awards

On Nov. 1, Atlantic Records Nashville recording artist Hunter Hayes was crowned “New Artist of the Year” at the Country Music Association (CMA) awards. This is his first win and first career CMA nomination. He bested out his fellow nominees Brantley Gilbert, Lee Brice, Love and Theft, as well as “Duo of the Year” winners Thompson Square (who were also nominated in this category). The award was presented to him by The Band Perry, who were the recipients of this honor last year.
In his humble acceptance speech, Hayes remarked, “I don’t even know what to do right now. Thank you Lord for letting me do what I do every day. Thank you to my amazing fans and family. Thank you to country radio for believing in me. Thank you to my band and my crew. It’s an amazing team. I am blessed beyond belief. Thank you guys. I love you.”
Prior to winning the CMA “New Artist of the Year” award, Carrie Underwood introduced him to the Nashville audience and Hayes performed a moving rendition of his chart-topping single “Wanted,” as he played the piano and interacted well with the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment